Just a short drive from Bude and Widemouth Bay, Cottons Cottage is a convenient location to explore the popular towns and beaches along the north coast of Cornwall.
Whether you have plans to tour the surfing hot spots of North Cornwall, take long treks along the coast paths, cycle the Camel trail, or simply seek out the very finest cream tea, Cottons Cottage is a great place to relax after the adventures of the day.
For beach lovers
- Widemouth Bay
Great for rock pooling – 3 minutes drive
Sheltered, sandy and Bude sea pool – 8 minutes drive
Easy access to Bude town – 10 mins
- Crackington Haven
Beautiful cove – 15 minutes drive
- Trebarwith Strand
Rugged Cornwall at its finest – 45 minutes drive
- Daymar Bay
Sandy bay, with still, shallow water – 45 minutes drive
Surfing hotspot – 45 minutes drive
- Northcott Mouth
Will you find the shipwreck at low tide? – 12 minutes drive
Meander around pretty seaside towns
- Bude – 8 minutes drive
- Boscastle – 20 minutes drive
- Port Isaac – 30 minutes drive
- Padstow – 45 minutes drive
- Rock – 45 minutes drive
Pubs, cream teas & dining out
- Bay View Inn, Widemouth Bay – 3 minutes drive
- Widemouth Bay Cafe – 3 minutes drive
- Elements, Widemouth Bay – 4 minutes drive
- Trelawny Tearoom – 3 minutes drive
- Rosie’s at Crooklets – 10 minutes drive
- Boscastle Farm Shop – 20 minutes drive
- Bodyboarding & surfing are popular. Equipment is readily available to buy and rent from local surf shops.
- Cycle the path from Marhamchurch to Bude or explore the Camel Trail. Cycle hire is available in Bude.
- The Bude canal walk is a lovely buggy-friendly stroll.
- The coastal path offers countless routes (usually with a good tea shop en route)
- Take a dip or learn to paddleboard in the Bude sea pool.
- There is a golf course in Bude and the world famous course of St Enodoc and St Mellion are under an hour’s drive away.
- Row along the Bude Canal.